Forbes Travel Guide 2020 Star Awards: 12th January Announcement 

Forbes Travel Guides has today released its 2020 Star Awards Winners with 42 hotels in London achieving a ‘Recommended’, ‘4 Star’ or ‘5 Star’ prestigious accolade.

Dynamic Restaurant Marketing’s client Red Carnation Hotels, boast four Award-Winning properties within the 2020 list: The Milestone Hotel and Residences in Kensington, Hotel 41 in Victoria, The Egerton House Hotel in Knightsbridge and Ashford Castle in Ireland.

Forbes Travel Guide is the only independent, global rating system for luxury hotels, restaurants and spas. Established in 1958 as the Mobil Travel Guide, Forbes is the Five-Star rating system globally respected and highly sought after.

With almost 2,000 hotels, restaurants and spas reviewed in more than 70 countries, inspectors visit every property, undertaking an evaluation based on up to 900 objective standards. For an accurate, independent assessment, inspectors check into the hotel for a minimum of two nights, posing as ordinary guests and paying their way.

Five-star criteria include:
• Exemplary Room Service
• Beautiful Beds
• Distinctive Drinks
• Supreme Service
• Memorable Meals
• Thoughtful Turndown
• Helpful Housekeeping
• Genuine Interest
• Exceeding Expectations

Egerton House Hotel

The Egerton House Hotel: 2020 Star Awards Forbes Travel Guide

At molecular level Jennifer Kester, Forbes Travel Guide Editor explains the precise nature of what inspectors are examining. ‘Elements include whether a staff member greets guests curbside within 30 seconds of arrival; whether clothing left around a room is folded neatly or draped and placed within immediate view after turndown service, and whether the staff uniforms demonstrated exceptional design. The ratings tabulate 75 per cent of a hotel’s score based on its service, while the quality of its facilities determines the remaining 25 per cent.’

Other London hotels commended include The Berkeley, Bulgari Hotel, The Rosewood Hotel and The Savoy.

The Savoy London

For a full list of global winners visit: www.forbestravelguide.com/award-winners